This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide an
advanced first aid response to a casualty in line with first aid
guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC)
and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
The unit applies to all persons who may be required to provide an advanced first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Advanced first aid is a combination of training, knowledge, techniques, and practices to administer immediate care for a person in an emergency, whether an illness or an injury. While basic first aid has the same purpose, advanced first aid is a higher level of training that uses more specialised equipment.
National units of competency
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
1-3 hours online theory & 5 hour face to face assessment
There are no pre-requisites for this course. However, participants require English language literacy to understand content and complete written and practical examinations.
It is recommended this unit be renewed every 3 Years in line with the Code of Practice standards and HLTAID009 (included) be renewed annually.
Requirements for Completion
Participants are required to attend 100% of this training and take part in all assessments.
Statement of Attainment in the following unit of competency:
- HLTAID014 - Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
- HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- A4 Colour Certificate emailed on completion of the course (Same Day Certification)
- FREE resuscitation face shield keyring
$250.00 per participant, student discounts available. Call us on 0416 888 343 for group / private bookings.